I’ve been meaning to get around to posting this for over a week now, but it seems like time has gotten away from me.
It took roughly two weeks for the yarn I’d ordered from the U.K. to arrive, and it turned out I was right in my hunch that the colors displayed on my computer screen would be somewhat different from how they appeared in reality. I had been hoping to end up with an Evening Shade colorway, but the yarn was a lot brighter than I’d expected. I’ve decided to call this ‘Electric Evening Shade.’ I’m sure it’s going to look wonderful when it’s completed, despite being different from how I’d envisaged it.
For those who are interested, the new yarns are from the same Anchor Tapisserie wool line that comes with the kit (which I frustratingly haven’t been able to find in the U.S.). The teal is 8918, and I understand that you can’t see much of the two purples at this point, but the darker one is 8594, and the lighter, 8588.
I imagine it’s going to be a month or two before this pops up here again, as there’s a lot of background to fill in, and as I’ve decided to stick with the pattern, it’s significantly more complex and time consuming than the backgrounds of the either of the Parisville needlepoints that I worked on through 2013.